Nominations are now open for the annual UW–Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards. Submit a nomination by Sept. 13, 2022, to help us honor the amazing women of color in the UW–Madison and greater Madison communities.
Each year, the university is proud to recognize honorees whose advocacy, activism, and/or scholarship have positively transformed their organizations or communities, and whose efforts advance equity, diversity, inclusion and belonging for marginalized populations.
In 2007, UW–Madison launched this annual recognition for women of color who have demonstrated outstanding service in higher education and beyond. Eighty-five women of color among UW–Madison’s faculty, staff, students and in the greater Madison community have been honored since the establishment of this award.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison is seeking nominations of women of color who have made significant contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- Involvement in social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged and marginalized populations
- Community service
- Scholarly research, writing, speaking and teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity
- Community building to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all
Nominations are due by Sept. 13, 2022. Submissions must include the following:
- Nomination letter (3-page limit)
- Two letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues: student, staff, faculty and/or community member (2-page limit per letter)
- Nominee’s curriculum vitae
The 2022-23 Outstanding Women of Color Award honorees will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Nov. 14, 2022. The Office of the Deputy Vice Chancellor for Diversity and Inclusion will host a campuswide reception in recognition of the honorees on March 2, 2023.