INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW-Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background - people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
While many people know “A Raisin in the Sun,” having seen the play or movie, far fewer know much about its author, Lorraine Hansberry. Although Hansberry spent less than two years as a student at …
- More Community Spotlight Left posts
By Doug Erickson Mercile Lee, the architect and founding director of two of UW–Madison’s most respected and successful scholarship initiatives, the Chancellor’s and Powers-Knapp scholarship programs, died Oct. 25 in Madison. She was 87. The cause was …
- More Community Spotlight Center posts
New Elders-in-Residence Program will bring Native community leaders to campus for mentoring, support
A new initiative at the University of Wisconsin–Madison will seek to improve the experience of American Indian and Alaskan Native students by hosting Native elders on campus for extended visits and educational exchanges. The inaugural …
- More Community Spotlight Right posts
- November 12
- November 13The Aims of Higher Education: Problems of Morality and JusticeLecture by Harry Brighouse5:30 PM, Virginia Harrison Parlor, Lathrop Hall
- November 16Native Nations Nursing SummitBuilding Resilient Nurses and Tribal Communities8:00 AM, Menominee Casino Resort Kenaska, WI