INSTITUTIONAL STATEMENT ON DIVERSITY
Diversity is a source of strength, creativity, and innovation for UW–Madison. We value the contributions of each person and respect the profound ways their identity, culture, background, experience, status, abilities, and opinion enrich the university community. We commit ourselves to the pursuit of excellence in teaching, research, outreach, and diversity as inextricably linked goals.
The University of Wisconsin–Madison fulfills its public mission by creating a welcoming and inclusive community for people from every background — people who as students, faculty, and staff serve Wisconsin and the world.
UW–Madison was built on land where the Ho-Chunk people lived for at least 12,000 years before white settlers forced them out. The university is trying to acknowledge this painful history with the Our Shared Future …
September 16, 2019 / University News Service / Photos by Bryce Richter Community members met with UW–Madison program representatives — and even Bucky Badger — at the South Madison Community Partnership event held in Villager …
Along with Neil Diamond’s 1969 “Sweet Caroline” and a speech from Robert F. Kennedy, the earliest known recordings of Yiddish music are now officially considered national treasures. In March, 11 cylinders that are part of the University …
- September 20March on Bascom 4:00 PM
- September 20Fiesta en la Terraza with Lambda Theta Phi Latin Fraternity, Inc. 8:00 PM, Memorial Union Terrace
- September 23Writing Center EventMulticultural Student Center (MSC) Satellite Hours Begin2:00 PM, Multicultural Student Center Student Org Suite, Armory and Gymnasium (Red Gym)
- Brand New Badger: Freshman hopes to ease transition for other young immigrants September 11, 2019
- Ongoing campus effort will seek to deepen understanding of Ho-Chunk history September 11, 2019
- New policy will create more gender-inclusive restrooms on campus August 29, 2019