The UW–Madison Outstanding Women of Color Awards acknowledge and honor women of color among UW–Madison faculty, staff, students (undergraduate or post-baccalaureate) and in the Greater Madison community, who have made outstanding contributions in one or more of the following areas:
- social justice, activism and advocacy on behalf of disadvantaged, marginalized populations;
- community service;
- scholarly research, writing, speaking and/or teaching on race, ethnicity and indigeneity in U.S. society; and
- community building on- or off-campus, to create an inclusive and respectful environment for all.
Nominations must include the following:
- A letter of nomination (limit 3 pages)
- Two letters of support from the nominee’s colleagues: student, staff, faculty and/or community member (limit 2 pages, each)
- The nominee’s updated curriculum vitae
The Nominating Procedure
- Submit the online nomination form and upload materials at OWoCNomination2021 or at go.wisc.edu/owoc2021
- The deadline for nominations is Monday, September 13, 2021.
- If you have questions, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
A selection committee comprising of students, faculty and staff will review nominations for the awards.
UW–Madison’s Outstanding Women of Color for 2021 will be announced at the annual Diversity Forum on Tuesday, Nov. 2, 2021. A campus-wide reception in their honor will be held in the spring semester on Thursday, March 3, 2022, hosted by the Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement.