Dreamers of Wisconsin is excited to announce that the $5,000 scholarship application is now open! All high school, undergraduate, and graduate undocumented/DACAmented students in Wisconsin are eligible to apply. Please find our application link below. All applications are due on August 1, 2020 at 11:59pm! SPREAD THE WORD 🦋
DREAMers of Wisconsin Scholarship
2020 Scholarship Application
The purpose of Dreamers of Wisconsin is to advocate for undocumented/DACAmented students pursuing higher education. Dreamers of Wisconsin aims to educate students, faculty, staff, and communities regarding the struggles and the needs of these students. This organization hopes to provide resources and serve as a support group to undocumented/DACAmented students at all levels. We advocate and take action to ensure that students have equal access to higher education and become the leaders of tomorrow. A one-time $5,000 scholarship will be awarded to either one high school senior, one continuing undergraduate student, or one graduate student. Previous scholarship recipients are not eligible to apply this year.
The deadline is August 1st, 2020
Dreamers of UW-Madison recognizes the struggles that undocumented/DACAmented students face when pursuing higher education, especially in Wisconsin. It is for this reason that we want to aid undocumented/DACAmented high school seniors and college students based on academic excellence, community service, and financial need. Applicants must be undocumented/DACAmented, meet the minimum GPA requirements based on their current education level, and must plan to enroll at a two-year or four-year institution in Wisconsin for Fall of 2020.
- Applicants must be undocumented/DACAmented
- A current high school GPA of 2.50 or a college/university GPA of 2.50 cumulative.
- A copy of your high school or college transcript. An unofficial transcript will suffice.
- Recipients must provide proof of enrollment at a two-year or four-year institution they will be attending in Wisconsin for the Fall of 2020 semester.
- One letter of recommendation from someone who can speak about your motivation for higher education and address your achievements.
- The second letter of recommendation is optional
- Dreamers of Wisconsin Scholarship Application
- A copy of your official or unofficial high school or college transcript
- Proof of enrollment at a two-year or four-year institution in Wisconsin for Fall semester of 2020
- One letter of recommendation + 1 optional additional letter