Applications for the Wisconsin Tribal Conservation Advisory Council Native American Student 2017 Internship Program, “Investing in the Future”, are due on March 1, 2017.
The Wisconsin Tribal Conservation Advisory Council (WTCAC) is advertising summer internship positions, headquartered in various USDA Agency offices and Tribes in Wisconsin and surrounding states, for Native American students pursuing degrees in Natural Resources, Biological Sciences, Arboricultural , Horticultural, Agroforestry, Agriculture, Engineering, or Agricultural Business. Risk Management will also accept applicants pursuing Business Administration, Finance, Economics, or Management degrees. Training and work experiences will occur at USDA project sites and/or at nearby Tribal Nations project sites. Interns will be paid $12.50 an hour. Currently each intern position consists of 400 hours over a 10 week period. WTCAC has Internship positions available at the following locations: (Only one application is necessary to apply for any, or all, of the identified internship positions. Subsidized or free housing is possible at some, but not all, locations.)
- Park Falls ,WI -USDA Forest Service – I Engineering position
- Paul, Minnesota -USDA Risk Management Agency – 1position
- Watersmeet, MI -USDA Forest Service – I position at Visitor Center
- Rhinelander, WI-USDA Forest Service, Northern Research Station – 2 positions Wildlife Biology
- First day of work will be June 2nd with an anticipated end date of August 11th;
- Federal holidays will be paid but there is not any paid annual leave or sick;
- Student may work with Supervisor to schedule family vacations and other needed time off, and extend work period beyond August 11th to complete the 400;
- WTCAC will cover travel expenses and tuition for orientations and;
- Supervisor and Intern to determine project(s) and work.
Enrolled Tribal members get priority for the internship positions. If a position cannot be filled with an enrolled member, then it will be filled with other Tribal applicants.
Application package MUST include:
- Photocopy of a valid Driver’s License;
- Copy of latest transcript (photocopy of an official transcript is acceptable);
- Letter of Interest describing why you want this position, future career goals, or Tribal membership ID;
- Indicate in Letter of Interest which position/positions you are applying for. May apply for multiple positions
with only one application. List them in priority order.
- Application deadline is March 1 , 2017
- Interviews will begin ASAP