Schedule for Fall 2019
All sessions are in Union South unless otherwise noted. Please check the Today in the Union (TITU) screens for specific room assignments.
|Monday, Sep. 9, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Tuesday, Sep. 10, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Thursday, Sep. 12, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Monday, Sep. 16, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Wednesday, Sep. 18, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Friday, Sep. 20, 2019||9 a.m. – 12 p.m.||Union South|
|Tuesday, Sep. 24, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Computer Sciences building|
|Thursday, Sep. 26, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Computer Sciences building|
|Monday, Sep. 30, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
|Thursday, Oct. 3, 2019||5 – 8 p.m.||Union South|
There will be a make-up session on Friday, Jan. 17, 2020 from 9 a.m. – 12 p.m., for anyone who misses their scheduled session.
Updated: Nov. 26, 2018. Subject to change.
LAWS AND POLICIES
Please read these materials prior to attending a training session. You do not need to bring printed copies of these materials to the session.
OFFICE FOR EQUITY AND DIVERSITY
- Employee Disability Resources
- Disability and Medical Leave Resources: A Guide for Employees (pdf)
- How to File a Complaint of Discrimination (Office of Compliance – pdf)
AFFIRMATIVE ACTION, DISCRIMINATION and EQUAL OPPORTUNITY
- The UW–Madison Affirmative Action Plan, Responsibility for Implementing the Affirmative Action Plan, and the Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Policy Statement
- II-303 Protected and Unprotected Expression in a Work-Related Setting
- Equal Opportunity – Complaint Processes and Resolution
CHILD ABUSE and NEGLECT
- Reporting Guidelines for UW–Madison Employees
- Child Abuse Doesn’t Report Itself (Brochure in English, Spanish, Chinese, Hmong, Tibetan)
- UW–Madison Statement on Consensual Relationships II-307, Faculty Legislation, Faculty Senate Document 940, 6 April 1992 and Academic Staff Document 092, 13 April 1992
DRUG-FREE SCHOOLS and COMMUNITIES ACT of 1989
ENGLISH AS A SECOND LANGUAGE
JEANNE CLERY DISCLOSURE OF CAMPUS SECURITY POLICY and CAMPUS CRIME STATISTICS ACT
- The Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, also known as the Clery Act, is a federal law that requires institutions of higher education to have in place certain security and safety policies, and to disclose certain crime statistics.
- UW-Madison Annual Security and Fire Safety Report
- UW-Madison Police Department Website
- A Guide to Creating and Maintaining a Safe Learning and Work Environment at UW-Madison: Responsibilities, Resources and Reporting Requirements – Spring 2018
- Mandatory Sexual Assault Reporting Requirement for All University Employees
- Faculty, staff, teaching assistants, and others who work directly with students at UW-Madison are required by Wisconsin law to report first-hand knowledge or disclosures of sexual assault. When a victim of sexual assault discloses his or her experience to you, please go to the corresponding link below and complete the Campus Incident Reporting Form.
- University Health Services offers helpful resources for individuals who have concerns about sexual assault, dating or domestic violence, and stalking.
- University Health Services, Violence Prevention and Survivor Services and partners have published a resource guide, “Information for Faculty, Staff, and TAs: Sexual Assault, Dating Dating Violence, and Stalking” outlining steps to take if an individual discloses his or her experience to you.
- Emotional, medical, legal, and campus support for victims/complainants is available online here.
- Equal Employment Opportunity Commission, Guidelines on Sexual Harassment, Section 1604.11 Source: Federal Register November 10, 1980
- UW-Madison Office of Compliance, Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972
- University Health Services UMatter Suicide Prevention
- University Health Services At-Risk for College Students, an online, interactive educational program that builds skills in interacting effectively with students in distress.
VETERANS and MILITARY SERVICE
McBURNEY DISABILITY RESOURCE CENTER MATERIALS
- McBurney Disability Resource Center
- McBurney Disability Resource Center, “McBurney Connect”
- McBurney Disability Resource Center, “Faculty Notification Letter”
- McBurney FAOs Testing Accommodations for Students with Disabilities (pdf)
- McBurney Strategies for Inclusive Instructions (pdf)
Disability Web Page Resource Directory