- This event has passed.
National Diversity Council Women in Leadership Symposium
March 27, 2019 @ 8:00 am - 12:00 pm CDTFree and open to the public
In partnership with the National Diversity Council, the UW–Madison Division of Diversity, Equity and Educational Achievement cosponsors an annual half-day symposium featuring a panel of diverse successful regional women professionals who discuss, mentor and network on career and professional growth for women. The Women in Leadership Symposium is part of a nation-wide annual series of discussions focusing on contemporary issues specifically facing women as they prepare and grow in their career fields. The sessions are interactive with plenty of opportunities to ask questions and network with other participants and the guest panel.
The 2019 national symposium theme is “Center Stage: Standing Out & Speaking Up.”
This year’s panelists include:
- Attorney Ave Bie, Managing Partner, Quarles and Brady;
- Samie Chambers, CFO, Ho-Chunk Gaming Madison;
- Candy Embray, VP, American Family Insurance;
- Janet Fitch, Producer/Filmmaker, CEO New Moon Productions
- Nina Johnson, Senior Vice President, Associated Bank
- Eddie Turner, Jr., Moderator
Space is limited, so register today. The symposium is free for campus participants and $149 for community participants.
|8:00a – 8:30a||Registration, Breakfast, & Networking|
|8:30a – 8:35a||Welcome|
|8:35a – 8:50a||Opening Remarks|
|8:50a – 9:50a||Panel Discussion I|
|9:50a – 10:05a||Question & Answer Session I|
|10:05a – 10:15a||Break|
|10:15a – 11:15a||Panel Discussion II|
|11:15a – 11:30a||Question & Answer Session II|
|11:30a – 11:35p||Closing Remarks|
- Leveraging Intersectionality in the Workplace
- Defeating Gender-Based Harassment in the Workplace
- Building Up the Women Around You
- Navigating the “Glass Cliff”
- Defining Success: Does it have to be about the C-Suite?
- Gaining Mentors and Becoming One
- A Difficult Conversation: When and How to Ask for a Raise
- Using Technology to Create Work-Life Integration
- Silencing Self-doubt: How to Overcome Imposter Syndrome
- Transforming Men into Allies in the Workplace