- This event has passed.
11th Annual UW-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Reception
March 5 @ 5:00 pm - 7:30 pm CSTFree and open to the public
The eleventh annual class of Outstanding Women of Color awardees will be honored at a reception on Tuesday, March 5, 2019, from 5 p.m. to 7:30 p.m. in the Alumni Lounge of the Pyle Center, 702 Langdon Street. The event to celebrate this year’s honorees is open to the campus and community.
The University of Wisconsin-Madison Outstanding Women of Color Award Reception honors women of color who are deeply rooted in both the campus and the Madison community through their work toward social justice, service, research and community building.
In a campus tradition dating back to 2007-2008, the celebration of women who share their exceptional scholarship with the campus and community through their dedicated work, outreach and impact was an outgrowth of a similar award launched by UW System in 1994.
Replicated by retired UW-Madison Assistant Vice Chancellor Ruby Paredes, more than 50 UW-Madison women of color have been honored in the past decade by their nominators, colleagues.
* Bianca J. Baldridge, Assistant Professor, Educational Policy Studies, School of Education;
* Mariela Quesada Centeno, Graduate Student, Human Development & Family Studies, School of Human Ecology; Director, Wellness Program, Centro Hispano;
* Jennifer Young Choe Edgoose, Associate Professor (CHS), Family Medicine & Community Health, School of Medicine & Public Health;
* Melissa Metoxen, Academic Support Coordinator for the Native American Center for Health Professions, School of Medicine and Public Health;
* Cherene Sherrard-Johnson, Professor of English, College of Letters and Science.
For a full list of past honorees, please go to: Outstanding Women of Color Honorees.
Register today for the March 5, 2019, reception: